Home | Zones | Log in | Register

Let's Go On (the last 1/5th of) An AdVeNtUrE!!!!

choose your own adventure pinned tetris

Nobody | Search | Reply | Create New Thread

You did it! Time to loot!

3429.png

Besides the XP and money from the fight, all you find is some chitin.

3430.png

When you get back to town, you’ll be able to sell this to an artisan for some money, but right now it’s kind of useless.

Speaking of right now, what are you going to do right now?

You could either wait around for that teleportation specialist to get here or…

3431.png

There’s still more of this labyrinth to explore.

On one hand, you might find a way back or something even more interesting. Or you could find more bugs, and you’re not in very good shape to fight any more bugs right now…

creator

first

bird on skateboard

im ready to go on the last 1/5th of an adventure

Newest Bud

well what do you guys think Klaus (blue shirt) should do next then

creator

he should probably stay safe and wait it out
but that’s no fun
at least peak into the next room. last time we saw some evil spider eyes before they attacked us

bird on skateboard

peep thru the door blue shirt

I hate gamers

tag

You decide to at least take a peek through the door. If there’s any more bugs in there, they must have been hiding when you looked, and if they’re that shy they probably won’t attack you just for looking.

3432.png

There doesn’t appear to be anything creepy or crawly in there, so you keep looking long enough to let your eyes adjust to the light.

3433.png

Interesting…

creator

ch ch ch ch check it out (read like beastie boys)

I hate gamers

gotta look at the middle thing
hopefully it’s treasure
maybe it’s monsters if so we’re fucked rip blueshirt

bird on skateboard

do posts here count against the limit in the ‘real’ topic? 🤔

bird on skateboard

no, so now instead of taking 1 year to finish the rest of the topic it’s going to be 3 years, due to the decline in users on ETI combined with me splitting the few readers there are between there and here

maybe I’ll just stop it when i get to a nice ending point.

creator

u fucking dingus

I hate gamers

There’s one interesting thing here in this room, so you head for it.

3434.png

Wait a minute, two pillars like this seems kind of familia-

3435.png

3436.png

Oh great.

Edited by meepches at 2017-10-15 07:45:102017-10-15 07:45
creator

lmao whoops

bird on skateboard

is it another 1-way? look around i guess. i don’t think it would be convenient to put us back in the ‘hub’

bird on skateboard

ah yeah it’s a different style. the hub we were stuck in has blue-ish backgrounds, this is yellow. although it’s interesting that they have yellow marks on either side the same color as the walls here

3373.png

Edited by Tiko at 2017-11-15 13:59:002017-11-15 13:59
bird on skateboard

also, the symbol on the wall seems to be the same symbol as the original tp. maybe it just means ‘teleport’. lolz

Edited by Tiko at 2017-11-15 12:44:112017-11-15 12:44
bird on skateboard

hello

look at the green symbols on this wall

JUSTICE

You hope this teleporter is two-way, because if not, there’s not really a whole lot you can do here except for wait.

3437.png

Here goes-

3438.png

Nothing!

3439.png

Edited by meepches at 2017-10-19 14:35:232017-10-19 14:35
creator

whoa! looks like we found a way out… kind of
i vote that we investigate the chest.
if some baddies pop out we can uh…. idk… try to kite them in an infinite chase loop. or hide outside maybe…?! the injured ppl can hide outside and the others take care of em. we’ll see

bird on skateboard

also im curious if theres anything behind the tp door here. might be worth a look (pink arrow)

bird on skateboard

hello tagging this

Klaus! Klaus? Klaus!?!

3440.png

You should probably go see Nicola, since it sounds like she’s kind of worried.

3441.png

After explaining what happened to Nicola, the two of you check out the other thing than the teleporter in the room.

3442.png

What could this possibly be for?

creator

is one triangle pushed in more than the others maybe try pushing on them

I hate gamers

This thing looks a little weird, so you decide to try and touch it and push around the triangles.

3443.png

It looks like the triangles are just sitting on top of a layer of ceramic painted blue, but they won’t budge when you try to move them.

creator

looks kinda like a tangram
hmm gotta re-read some stuff see if i find anything

bird on skateboard

You decide to take a look around the room and see if you can find anything that could give you a clue about how this thing works.

3444.png

There’s not really anything in here aside from the ‘altar,’ the portal and the other door. After giving them a closer look, you can’t quite find anything else of interest on them. Well, you haven’t quite done everything you could to the other door, yet. you’re thinking it probably has the same key pattern as the door you entered, and if so, you could probably find out some useful information in the next room. On the other hand, though, there might just be a bunch of bugs on the other side of that door, and you’re not prepared to deal with any more bugs right now.

Your other idea is that maybe that area through the portal had something that can help you make sense of the ‘altar.’

3445.png

Hmm… Everything here is in way worse shape than the labyrinth you started exploring with Kitty and Emily and the place you got teleported to and met Nicola and Aiden in. Not surprising, considering up here is exposed to the elements, but it probably means that if there was anything interesting here it would have suffered much more wear and tear much faster and be less identifiable.

creator

Klaus doesn’t seem to be doing much, so you decide to be Nicola.

3446.png

You, Nicola, are going to figure this device out. It’s not very complex, what if you just press this button-

3447.png

Oh, that wasn’t a button. It’s just a pattern cut into the ceramic. Something about the two rectangles seems familiar, and something about the shape inside the square looks familiar. But what?

creator

Of course, the symbol in the middle is the number 3 in the ancient script these guys wrote in. You saw Klaus try and fail to move the triangles making the digit, but what if you were to try…

3448.gif

Aha!

creator

You, Klaus, didn’t find anything that gave you a clue about how the teleporters work, but you did find a rock that’s probably the right size and shape to give you some leverage to see if you can push those triangles around.

3449.png

That is- unless Nicola already figured it out.

3450.png

You go through the teleporter again, and see…

3451.png

Nothing! There’s no light at all in here.

That probably means Nicola actually figured it out! You’re clearly somewhere different than the last time you stepped through the portal.

Now, let’s see if you can shed some light on the situation, and-

3452.png

Uh oh.

creator

check the hand

hold the hand

I hate gamers

consolatory high-five

You’ve just though of the best crank to pull on Kitty and Aiden. But first, you’ll need to borrow this.

3453.png

The hand and forearm comes off easily. You’re not sure whats holding all these bones together, but you need them to stay like this for the joke, so you don’t mind.

You stick the arm through the portal.

3454.png

creator

Oh right, the portal stopped working because the one pillar fell over.

3455.png

Unfortunately, these muscles are mostly just for show, so it’s a struggle, but you manage to fix it.

Now, to engage the crank!

3456.png

Nya-ha!

3457.png

Your crank senses are doing the opposite of tingling… You can’t help but feel like nobody even noticed.

creator

Alright, let’s see them ignore THIS!

3458.png

3459.png

Now that definitely had to get them good. Now for you to deliver your perfect one-liner:

3460.png

Oh.

3461.png

creator

Alright, that’s a no-go. Time to try it again.

3462.png

You walk right past Kitty and Aiden and through the door-

3463.png

And through the portal-

3464.png

And- huh.

creator

Hey, you’re back here! And there’s Emily!

3465.png

Who’s her friend, though?

3466.png

creator

You should probably get to the pressing matters first, but if Nicola found a way for you to get back here, you guess there’s not really any pressing matters for you anymore.

In which case, you can ask about what you really want to know right now-

3467.png

Do you like who? Isn’t that just a cool pattern?

creator

You can’t read what band that is, and even if you could, you probably have never heard of them. But you don’t want Gabby to know that, you want her to think you’re cool.

3468.png

Uh oh. You’ve got to think of an excuse, quick. You left the stove on?

creator

say we’ve never actually seen them live but we’d always like to go sometime ;)

Edited by Tiko at 2017-11-23 07:06:492017-11-23 07:06
bird on skateboard

3469.png

3470.png

Oh right! Kitty! And Aiden and Nicola!

creator

let us rescue
perhaps our tele-friend can explain some teleporter shit to us

bird on skateboard

Okay, you don’t actually have to rescue anyone, Nicola already did that. But you do need to tell them they’ve been rescued, so you do.

3471.png

3472.png

Oh hey, Gabby came too. You guess if you’re a teleportation specialist, you don’t need to worry about getting sent somewhere you can’t return get back from.

3473.png

3474.png

Now that’s a good question! Do you want to keep exploring? Or do you want to call it quits with these bug-filled ruins for today?

creator

hell yeah get that healer in here

bird on skateboard

Get healed but leave the ruins also posting in here to avoid ppl whining

I hate gamers

my vote’s on meet the healer too

Well, you’d like to keep exploring, so you tell Gabby:

3475.png

It takes more than ten minutes for the doctor to heal everyone, so let’s just skip to the end after everyone is good again and the doctor is leaving…

3476.png

And since you guys are safe and able to get back home without any help, Gabby leaves as well…

3477.png

Huh, kind of surprising that she’s the only one. Then again, you’re the only “Klaus,” so you’re not really one to talk.

Well.

Now that that’s all done with, you can resume exploring!

3478.png

If you can figure out how to open the door at the back of the room all those bugs came out from, that is.

creator

remark on how cute that doctor was

I hate gamers

You decide to take a look around the room, to see if there’s anything that gives you an idea of how to open that other door.

3479.png

Hmm… Well, it’s not immediately obvious, if it is here somewhere.

You know there’s got to be a way out, though, because how else would those bugs have gotten in here?

creator

You’ve got a few ideas, so you go ahead and try them out.

Firstly, it might just be the same pattern.

3480.png

The door doesn’t budge. Apparently, it’s not the same pattern.

Next, you think there might be something that can give you an idea how to proceed on the back of the door you entered, so you give it a spin.

3481.png

Nope, just the same pattern on each side. Apparently when you entered the pattern on the front, the back got the same entry as well.

You didn’t get a look at the device that controls the portal, maybe the numbers it displays are a hint? Nicola figured it out, so you ask her.

3482.png

Hmm….

creator

You’ve been in three of the areas designated on the walls in the other room already, so the clue to that door must be in one of the last two!

AncientKlausHeadTransp.png

“Hey Nicola, you figured out how the teleporter works, right? Can you have it send me to one of the two rooms on the wall in the other room I haven’t visited? I think they must have hidden the solution to that door in there.”

AncientNicHead.png

“First of all, what makes you so sure there’s an answer to the door on this side of the door? Well, anyways, you don’t need to look though 2, since that’s where Aiden and I came from, and we didn’t see anything significant there.”

AncientKlausHeadTransp.png

“What do you mean by 2?”

Nicola pulls out her phone,

3483.png

“This way I don’t have to bother Kitty for that notebook she’s having so much fun with. Anyways, there’s five walls with symbols out there, and the teleporter control goes from 1 to 5. As far as I can tell, those symbols on the wall must be either the magic to control the teleportation, or maybe just like the ‘names’ of the places. Anyways, 2 is the one Aiden and I came in here from, so I guess I’ll set it to 1 for you.”

3484.png

You put your hand through the teleporter and,

3485.png

Uh oh. It hit a wall and stopped. You give it a push and it doesn’t seem to move. Half your hand is stuck in the portal. What do you do?

creator

ask nicola to step away from the controls while our hand is stuck in the portal

if we grope around can we feel anything outside of the wall

You consider the situation for a bit…

(Red in this picture represents the other side of the portal)

3486.png

You don’t know if whatever it is your hand is touching is movable, or if it goes all the way down to the floor or up to the ceiling.

You can’t get your hand any farther in, so you can’t feel around right now.

The way you see it, you have two options: Either shoulder rush the portal, in hopes of pushing whatever it is your hand is on, or putting your other hand through the portal at a different place and see if you can slip through.

creator

lets give a cursory poke with our other hand but if we don’t find another way through in a couple of seconds it’ll be time to rush

make sure nicola is looking first so she’ll be impressed with our physical prowess

You decide why try one course of action, when you can do both? First, you stick your finger into the portal a little lower and further out to see if perhaps the blockage is just up high.

3487.png

And you hit the same wall.

It’s going to be a little awkward, but your only other option here is to shoulder charge the wall and see if you can move it.

3488.png

It does move!

3489.png

But just a small amount- It must be very heavy. And now you’re stuck partway through the portal, and can’t back up to charge it again.

creator

gonna need a moment to think about this one. maybe do a cuss in the immediate sense

i guess having aiden body slam it too is our only option lol
feel like we’re gonna break something this way

bird on skateboard

idk who these nerds are where’s donovan

is the portal wide enough that aiden could help?

we should endeavor to find a way to suggest that he should try to slam it too without necessarily suggesting we need it

the portal breaks
you fall into donovan’s time observer boudoir
shattering his priceless house sized stain glass window

[s] whats goin on kaytee.png

I hate gamers

This may be too heavy for you, but you know just who can move it.

3490.png

You tell Nicola to keep an eye out, and have Aiden get in position.

3491.png

THREE!

3492.png

Edited by meepches at 2018-01-10 00:24:352018-01-10 00:24
creator

3493.png

3494.png

3495.png

3496.png

Whoa, everything looks really different here!

3497.png

Like, Really really different.

creator

Just kidding, that’s not what actually happened. That was drawn by nice and cool friend that I got the cool commissions from.

What did happen, though, is pretty similar:

Somewhere, far awar…

3498.png

3499.png

aaAAAAAAAAA-whump!

3500.png

Well, this is it. This is how you’re going to die. Starving to death, unable to move, under an incredibly heavy, hard and strangely warm pile of rocks.

creator

gg

bird on skateboard

blurt out our true feelings in our mortality-induced dread

You thought you were being crushed by a rock, but it wasn’t a rock… it was a rock… lobster!

3501.png

Actually, that’s also wrong, it was Aiden.

You decide to take a look around the room.

3502.png

Huh.

creator

After having Aiden peek through to make sure it’s safe (you didn’t tell him that reason, naturally) you look through the curtain.

3503.png

HUH.

creator

oh man

5 bux that one or both of these little windows is a one way teleporter

bird on skateboard

naturally

curious to take a peek inside those jars - some of them look kind of like birds

see if you can push the curtain a bit to one side on your way in so you don’t lose visual contact w/ ur bud

Edited by a small rat at 2018-01-27 18:33:192018-01-27 18:33

My buddy aiden

I hate gamers

i feel like this is something that i should know but why does Klaus have a burny hand

Edited by a small rat at 2018-01-27 18:47:252018-01-27 18:47

plasma accident when he was young or something like that

bird on skateboard

It looks safe enough, so you decide to look around the room.

3504.png

Aiden’s right. This place does look very different. For instance, those cups-

3505.png

This cup looks different from those in the first ruins you explored, and it’s even painted! There’s some gross black crap on the bottom, too.

If you were an archaeologist, this would probably be very illuminating.

creator

From: a small rat at 2018-01-27 18:34:33
i feel like this is something that i should know but why does Klaus have a burny hand

never came up tbh

creator

On a hunch, you decide to check your cell phone.

3506.png

There’s no connection in here, which makes sense, but apparently at some point between when you started exploring the labyrinth and now you did have a connection, because it downloaded a new message.

There is one other thing you want to try, though.

3507.png

Those blocks on either side of this bridge look very familiar, so if you were to slowly lower this cup below the bridge-

3508.png

-while looking into it from above, then something like this-

3509.png

-should happen!

Interesting. They moved the portal into a different room and halfway dug it into the ground. If you were an archaeologist…

creator

clearly we need an archaeologist
we gotta get out of this room then
perhaps the other curtain is the answer

bird on skateboard

but first we should check our message

bird on skateboard

is our phone the kind that can take photos b/c if so we should stick the lens through the portal and get a quick snap

we should be able to tell if it’s a 2 way portal b/c of the cup, if it’s a one way be careful~

bird on skateboard

You decide to try to take the cup with you, both because you think you might need one and because you want to see if the portal is also one-way.

3510.png

As you attempt to pull the cup upwards your hand slips off it, because it’s being held in place by the portal. Must be one way.

Interestingly, when you let go of the cup it starts to fall but decreases in speed as it gets further down.

3511.png

Eventually, it comes to a halt. Very interesting.

You decide to check the message on your phone, as well.

3512.png

That’s a bummer that’s Mitch is going to be here late, you’re really looking forward to seeing him. Although you guess you shouldn’t be exploring these ruins too late, since you don’t get reception here and won’t be able to pick up Mitch’s call.

creator

alright lets get out of here
also, im gonna guess we get reception up on that tower thing
lets check the other curtain

bird on skateboard

You take a peek through the curtain, and you see…

3513.png

creator

look at the thing in the bowl but no touchy
avoid the gaze of the evil red eye in the distance

Edited by Tiko at 2018-02-06 17:53:252018-02-06 17:53
bird on skateboard

You head into the room to look around.

3514.png

Interesting…

3515.png

creator

You decide to inspect the bowl a little closer.

3516.png

You thought the scratches in the paint might be in some sort of pattern, but they appear to just be random. Also… now that you’re looking at it up close like this, the black stuff on the bottom of the bowl looks a lot less like magical corruption, and a lot more like that plate from Bettina’s old roommate you found when you moved in.

Ok, well that’s a little less interesting. You take a peek out the doorway into the hall beyond.

3517.png

creator

You decide to open the second door on the left.

3518.png

Actually, that should be you decide to try to open the second door on the left. You’re not sure how they managed it with just wood and rope, but this door is shut pretty tight! Now, you could use your plasma to just burn the door down, but you don’t think the archaeologists would be too happy with that one. Especially, since you’ve got a friend who’ll probably be able to just force this door open! Now, where is he?

3519.png

creator

what are the rules of this adventure
can i play

high impact

u suggest things to do next and yea!!

I hate gamers

i suggest we investigate that black stuff further down the corridor. is it the same stuff that’s in the bowl?

what’s that orange stuff around on the floor?

what happens if we pick up the rod/arrowhead thing? can we touch it to other things, like rub the arrowhead part on the wall and see what happens?

also there’s a trail of black stuff going into the second door on the right. what’s up with that? kick that door down let’s see

Edited by applebaps at 2018-02-23 21:12:372018-02-23 21:12
high impact

You use your special proximity talking feature, your voice, to locate Aiden.

3520.png

He’s still back in there?

3521.png

You want to tell him that there’s no way that would happen, but you remember how heavy he was when he was lying on top of you…

======================================================================================

From: applebaps at 2018-02-23 20:43:49
what are the rules of this adventure
can i play

From: applebaps at 2018-02-23 21:11:51
i suggest we investigate that black stuff further down the corridor. is it the same stuff that’s in the bowl?

what’s that orange stuff around on the floor?

what happens if we pick up the rod/arrowhead thing? can we touch it to other things, like rub the arrowhead part on the wall and see what happens?

also there’s a trail of black stuff going into the second door on the right. what’s up with that? kick that door down let’s see

yea u just post what u think Klaus should do, like this. except that i already started drawing the update before you posted this so i didnt take any of this into it, sorry. theres also an lgoaa topic on eti so when u see an update like this that doesnt mention posts on this website they came from there.

i do like when people read and post tho so thanks for reading and posting!

creator

i like to read and make the posts

high impact

my previous suggestions still stand btw

high impact

A more stable way across? You need something solid to test it out, but you’re pretty sure this will work…

3522.png

That was pretty obvious.

3523.png

As you head back through the next room, you decide to check on one thing that seemed interesting to you- that strange orange stuff.

3524.png

Interesting, it looks like wax, and it appears to have melted from certain places, but there doesn’t appear to be any wicks in it. You bet the archaeologists will get a real kick out of this. Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that much to you. You head on back to where you were before.

3525.png

=============================================================================
when u make a bunch of suggestions at once i probably wont do them all in the update, since i like to make them a certain size. hope u dont mind

creator

Obviously, since three of these doors look the same, and one looks different, you should try opening the different one. Aiden grabs hold of it, and…

3526.png

That’s an interesting way to keep a door a door closed. Prevents one guy from just sneaking in and taking your stuff, at least.

3527.png

That trail leading into the room, the giant stone keeping it closed, whatever is in here, it’s gotta be impressive! You wonder if it’s-

3528.png

Oh. Well, that explains the trail, at least.

creator

examine the red thing

bird on skateboard

Not that interesting, but perhaps there is something…

AncientKlausHeadTransp.png

”…On the back wall, maybe. Hey, Aiden, could you move those rocks at the back away from the wall for me, so I can go take a look?”

3529.png

Okay, Aiden, you can figure this out. You can move to any adjacent square that’s not X’ed off, but not diagonally. You can move any of the three large rocks- if you move up to one of them and grab a side, you can pull it back along with you as you take a step back, or push it forwards ahead of you as you take a step forwards, but you can’t take a sideways step and pull them laterally. You also can’t push or pull them into the wall or X’ed off spaces, or a space you occupy. Your goal is to clear a space adjacent to each of the white wall sections marked with “???,” so that Klaus can take a look.

Granted, you could just move shovel the small pieces of stone out of the way to clear some X’ed spaces, or move the medium-sized ones, but that would take a lot of time, and you’re sure you can do this faster this way.

creator

After a little bit of planning, you figure it out.

3530.png

Perfect! Now there’s a clear path to the back wall, and it’s completely uncovered. Now, where did Klaus go?

Here’s where Klaus went-

3531.png

Farther down the hallway/cave, there appears to be some sort of bizzare, shifting red field…

3532.png

Oh wait, no. It was just a red curtain with the bright cave entrance behind it.

creator

watch out it might be a teleporter! maybe stick something in it

bird on skateboard

Before you go through the curtain you want to check and make sure there’s nothing fishy going on, so you kick a rock through it.

3533.png

You heard the rock hit the ground, so you’re pretty sure it’s fine. You wonder what could possibly be so bright on the other side of this curtain…

3534.png

Oh, it’s just the cave entrance. And a whole bunch of natural light. Ow.

creator

You decide to head out of the cave to take a bit of a look around, and see if you can get cellphone signal.

3535.png

The first thing you want to do is get in contact with someone at the dig site. If you had a fancy new phone, you could probably just look up that girl’s number, but you don’t. Fortunately, you have the number for the Your City Adventurers Guild Information Desk. You ask the clerk for to be transferred to the Archaeologists guild, and ask that clerk to be transferred to Caroline.

3536.png

You give her a brief explanation of the puzzles you and Kitty solved, and where all you went to. In the meantime, Aiden is carefully inspecting the back wall that he just moved the giant stones away from. Presumably, He thinks you had a good reason for thinking there might be a secret passage back there. Unfortunately, he’s wrong.

3537.png

Aiden doesn’t find anything special while you finish up the call with Caroline. Now that that’s done, you decide to follow-up on the message Mitch sent you at some point while you were exploring.

3538.png

Oh geez, you’re gonna get to see Mitch again so soon! What do you want to tell him?

creator

While Klaus is outside doing whatever it is he’s doing, Aiden decides to check out another one of the doors.

3539.png

After applying a bit of muscle, Aiden manages to open the door…

3540.png

Interesting. Very interesting…

But, unlike Aiden, you aren’t there to look at it. You’re talking to your on-again-off-again boyfriend, Mitch! In fact, you’re telling him about the fight you had with those bugs. Perhaps not as honestly as possible, but still.

3541.png

Now you’re looking forward to tonight even more.

creator

Mitch is so cute.

3542.png

So cute…

While you were on the phone, it looks like you missed something-

3543.png

The call was from an unknown number, so you check the text to see if it explains the call…

3544.png

The next line of the text just tells you the number to call back to. Well, whoever it is, they know your name, so you probably at least know them.

Well, if it’s someone you know, and they’re in trouble, you should probably see what’s up. You give the unknown number a call.

3545.png

Hmm… That voice sounds familiar, but who?

Edited by meepches at 2018-04-01 09:44:412018-04-01 09:44
creator

That voice sounds like your roommate’s little brother, Joachim! You wonder what’s the matter?

3546.png

3547.png

Hmm…

creator

This is probably some sort of misunderstanding…

3548.png

Hmm… Do you know anyone that looks like that, but also try to avoid Joachim?

creator

You can only think of one person that might fit the description…

3549.png

Joachim is definitely a spooky boy, but you believe him that he’s not a vampire. If it is Donovan that’s following him, all you need to do is let him know that. So you give Donovan a call, and ask him what he’s up to.

3550.png

Ok, then it’s not Donovan.

You tell him about what’s going on with your room-mates’ little brother.

3551.png

Oh yeah, those vampire were totally wearing maroon, weren’t they?

But why would a vampire- if that is, in fact, who’s following Joachim- be interested in some kid?

Edited by meepches at 2018-04-15 08:33:172018-04-15 08:33
creator

Now that you’ve got that cleared up, you hang up and call Joachim back.

3552.png

Hmm, he does have a point. Bettina made you go along with him the other day to help when he clearly didn’t need help.

But this time it sounds like he might actually need help?

Edited by meepches at 2018-04-18 05:10:032018-04-18 05:10
creator

Well, he’s a little rude, but he’s not a bad kid. You decide that you’re going to help out Joachim.

3553.png

Of course, you have no idea how to get home from here.

Maybe if you go back inside you can figure something out.

3554.png

Hm?

creator

a portal perhaps?!
carefully approach

bird on skateboard

You call for Aiden, so that you can both check out the portal together.

3555.png

Looks like Aiden has already checked out the portal without you. How rude.

3556.png

creator

let’s talk to caroline

bird on skateboard

3557.png

Hmm, can’t imagine why that is.

creator

From: Tiko at 2018-05-05 11:40:16
let’s talk to caroline

looks like we can wrap up this ruins stuff soon

bird on skateboard

3558.png

Oh, there’s Caroline! And Kitty, too.

3559.png

creator

So, what exactly is up?

3600.png

It sounds kinda like you guys are done here. Which is good, since you’ve got something else you need to do, anyways.

3601.png

Well… you could try talking Kitty into it.

creator

we should give kitty some time to be with aiden
wonder if there’s anyone who could help us 🤔

bird on skateboard

No, you shouldn’t try to talk Kitty into it, she’s fine. You give her a hug and wish her luck on her way.

3602.png

Good for them.

You head outside, while you think about what to do.

3603.png

Since Your City does not have a standalone Archaeologists Guild, it operates from inside the Magician’s Guild. Considering the sorts of skills archaeologists have, it was either that, or the Rogue’s Guild, and having a bunch of priceless artifacts in the Rogue’s Guild seemed like a bad idea.

And it turns out that you did think of what to do while heading outside! You give Beth, the witch, a call and see if she wants to help you out with Joachim.

3604.png

You tell her to meet up with you outside the Magicians Guild Hall and hang up. Now what?

You need to go help Joachim with his probably vampire problem, but what’s your plan there?

creator

confront the probably vampire directly and ask whats up and how are they doing today

high impact

love she way she’s using her phone lol
we can hang out with joachim, just chumming around
then maybe we go somewhere social (like a bar, or a, idk, soda fountain if joachim is underage lolz) and confront the vampire in an indirect way

bird on skateboard

While waiting for Beth, you decide to review the spells available for both you and Joachim, so you can figure out your course of action.

3605.png

You don’t really know much about Joachim, so you don’t have any idea of what spells he knows other than the basics you’d expect any level 18 Necromancer to know. Every magician learns how to conjure water and to do simple tricks, so he’d obviously know those two. Summoning undead is pretty complicated, so he might or might not have finished learning a summoning spell yet. He’d definitely have learned some sort of attack spell, though, basically all the disciplines you can study start you off with one of those. Beyond that, it’s a mystery. He might have learned spells from some extra-curriculars, but Joachim doesn’t really seem like that sort of guy.

As for you, you only know two ‘real spells,’ Conjure water and Prestidigitation. Everything else you know how to do is some combination of summoning and controlling plasma, but you’ve developed quite a few techniques that could be taught as spells by themselves: Plasma Pal, Plasma Punch, Plasma G- wait.

All of a sudden, you feel a powerful source of dark magic approaching you from behind…

3606.png

It feels like it could be some sort of ghost, or vampire, or…

creator

hello Beth
what kinda spells you got?

bird on skateboard

is this dungeons and dragons

From: imgay at 2018-06-04 14:38:47
is this dungeons and dragons

yes

high impact

It could be some sort of ghost, or vampire, or… a witch! Like your buddy, Beth, the witch.

3607.png

You give Beth the quick rundown of the situation:

3608.png

Beth can summon witchfyre, either to use as a light source or to burn enemies. She can summon a small portion of swamp up out of the ground, and bring forth grasping hands from the bog. She can use her dark magic to create fearsome illusions and she also knows a variety of curses: Curse of weakness, Curse of clumsiness, Curse of frailty, and so on…

She knows a variety of other spells, too, but they’re not really practical for combat…

creator

what kinda spells
are they lewd

high impact

hey yall im on vacation so updates might be pretty slow for about week

creator

3609.png

Let’s see what happens if you combine Beth’s witchfyre with your plasma pal…

3610.png

Your plasma pal has some autonomy, but is not very powerful, and Beth’s witchfyre is very powerful, but can’t move on it’s own. Surely, the combination of the two should be an incredibly powerful destructive force, it should be…

3611.png

really cute?

creator

is this the new paper mario

very kawaii but is it useful 🤔

bird on skateboard

3612.png

3613.png

OK, enough goofing off. To stop this vampire, you’re going to want a plan. Joachim is in the Magician’s Guild hall, and there are plenty of places you could think of to intercept a vampire stalker there. If you just call up Joachim again, you can tell him where to go so that the two of you can help him with his little problem.

You could arrange to pass him in the hallway and see if you can stop the vampire as you pass, or tell him to go to the library or cafeteria and try to spy where they’re observing Joachim from, or tell him to leave the guild and maybe watch the exit behind him to try and see the vampire leave. Perhaps something else?

What’s your plan?

creator

i still havent read all the shit i missed
are there like 20 donovans now

You’ve just thought of the 100% perfect place to confront that vampire.

3614.png

Assuming that the main owner is back, that is.

3615.png

Oh, and also assuming Joachim is fine waiting a few hours as well, you guess. The truck does drive somewhere to pick up more ingredients between meals, and probably also take a break.

Maybe you should think of something else…

creator

From: imgay at 2018-06-26 12:51:40
i still havent read all the shit i missed
are there like 20 donovans now

theres 4, actually

creator

donovanae

Edited by imgay at 2018-06-29 23:50:032018-06-29 23:50

Though you go there frequently, you feel like Joachim has probably looked at a map of the Magician’s Guild more recently than you, and might have a better idea of the best place to catch that tail.

3616.png

So you dial him up, and ask for his idea, making sure to let him know you have a witch with you to help out.

3617.png

Joachim suggests doing it in the cafeteria. He’s going to sit in the middle of the cafeteria, facing away from the main entrance. Naturally, the stalker will sit somewhere that Joachim can’t see, so they will sit somewhere on the half of the cafeteria near the main entrance. At some point, you and Beth will both enter through opposite side doors closest to the main entrance. Having one of you on each side of the room will give you complete view of the room, making it impossible for the stalker to elude you.

Sounds like a good plan, right?

creator

densely packed hitlers

seems like a decent plan
lets not go ham on the vampire yet try to talk to him first i guess

bird on skateboard

That plan sounds mostly good, so you tell Joachim you’re going to do that and hang up. You’ve got a good idea to check the stalker out before you two attempt to stop them, and see if you can do it alone or if you’ll need more help.

3618.png

Darn! Now what are you supposed to do?

3619.png

Oh, now that she mentions it, you do vaguely recall something like that…

3620.png

3621.png

So how do you want to waste time? Chat up Beth? Maybe play that trivia game you have on your phone?

Edited by meepches at 2018-07-06 01:58:442018-07-06 01:58
creator

You decide to check your phone to see if the Archaeologists Guild has paid you for your adventuring yet…

3622.png

Nothing yet. Are they still processing quest rewards by hand over there?

3623.png

creator

because she nasty

3624.png

3625.png

creator

3626.png

Oh geez, that’s way better than your ‘Platelet Pal was too sticky!’ punchline. Maybe you should pretend that’s what you were going to say all along, or distract her or something.

creator

write that down in our phone or something it was a good one gotta remember it

bird on skateboard

3627.png

Uh oh, now she’s doing it, too.

creator

You’ve got a good idea for something to say to prank her. Plus, it’s not entirely untrue, so that’s a bonus. Here goes:

3628.png

Wait, what?

creator

is the end of the adventure just everybody fuckin

dum thirsty hors

awkwardly change subject

bird on skateboard

From: applebaps at 2018-07-19 19:56:29
is the end of the adventure just everybody fuckin

you gotta sign up for the patreon for that

creator

give 👏us👏the👏link👏

dum thirsty hors

3629.png

There she is.

creator

pet the kitty

bird on skateboard

There is a very important step you must do before you start your little plan, and that is petting the cat.

3630.png

3631.png

creator

cute
alright let’s roll

bird on skateboard

After a short walk, and many pets, you arrive at the cafeteria. You push the door open, and as it slowly closes, you release Beth’s cat inside.

3632.png

While she’s inside, Beth uses her psychic ‘cat’nection to get a picture of what’s inside.

3633.png

It’s between lunch and dinner, so there’s not a lot of people there right now. The cat easily finds Joachim. He’s sitting in the middle, looking away from the entrance, as planned. Surprisingly, the person following him (maroon jacket, white hair) is simply seated two tables back, eating by himself and pretending to read a book. Also in the cafeteria are a few couples eating together, a group of nerds playing dice games, and some other people studying, although much less conspicuously. There’s also some bugs, which the cat is very interested in.

creator

grab a snack and sit down right next to mr stalker and make small talk

bird on skateboard

You decide to go talk to Joachim, so you can get any additional details about the guy before you sit down and talk with him.

3634.png

3635.png

3636.png

Oh.

creator

Alright! Now’s the perfect time for a chase!

3637.png

3638.png

Whoops

creator

oh Klaus you’re so silly
maybe Kitty can do some kind of illusion to block the stalker’s escape?

bird on skateboard

Welcome to the world’s first Slow Time Event!

3639.gif

You have 10 minutes to press ‘W,’ and save Klaus from an embarrassing fate.

creator

W

bird on skateboard

good thing tiko was here

dum thirsty hors

With the success at the STE, you manage to catch yourself…

3640.png

…and assume the position, ready to chase after your target!

3641.gif

You have 10 minutes to press ‘A,’ and get a good running start.

Edited by meepches at 2018-08-19 05:41:142018-08-19 05:41
creator

whoops

bird on skateboard

You jump ahead, and start running across the tops of the tables after the creep!

3642.gif

To jump across the tables, you must press ‘A’ rhythmically, and since this is a slow-time event, that rhythm is 10 minutes. I’m going to give you 30 minutes to press ‘A’ to start, but then 10, 20, and 30 minutes after that, you must press ‘A’ again. There’s more leniency than you’d get on a quick-time event on the rhythmic presses, but try to keep it within 30 seconds on either side.

(I promise this is the last one)

creator

A

bird on skateboard

A

bird on skateboard

A

bird on skateboard

A

bird on skateboard

The stalker is approaching the exit door to the cafeteria! You’ve got to act fast!

3643.png

You leap from table to table after him, when you finally reach the last one…

3644.png

You might not be able to catch him before he gets out the door, but you’ll definitely be hot on his heels!

creator

persist in the doomed world you have created

Fastest Dog in the World

i would say electrify the door but its probably not a good idea to beat up random students in the cafeteria
can we get a beth illusion while we give chase 🤔

bird on skateboard

You’re close on his tail, but not close enough to catch him. Perhaps if you were to create some sort of illusion you could trick him into running the wrong way.

3645.png

You probably didn’t trick him into thinking those are you.

3646.png

However, you did manage to distract him…

3647.png

…And Beth takes advantage of the situation!

creator

lmao
tackle him?
make sure we dont get bitten ;)

bird on skateboard

Beth’s trick gives you enough time to run up and get close to the stalker and-

3648.png

Now, that he doesn’t have his glasses to hide behind, let’s see who this really is…

3649.png

Huh. No clue who this is.

creator

Something’s off about this guy, is he a vampire at all? Only one way to check. Well, that’s not actually true, but there’s only one way for you since you don’t have a mirror or holy symbol on you.

3650.png

I mean, they’re sharper than average, but those are definitely not vampire teeth.

3651.png

He is pretty cute, you guess.

creator

lol
“so why are you stalking my friend over there?”

bird on skateboard

He doesn’t seem so bad, but you should ask him a few questions before letting him go…

3652.png

After you pull him to his feet, he flinches away.

3653.png

He doesn’t seem so bad, but if he thinks you should be beating him up for some reason, you wonder what he actually was doing…

creator

Whatever he’s doing, you decide to hear him out before you decide if you should beat him up…

3654.png

3655.png

That sounds reasonable, and even like something you might want to help out with, except for the fact that Joachim doesn’t seem to recognize the guy.

3656.png

Hmm.

creator

He seems legit, but you figure you should do something just to make sure.

3657.png

Good, you’re glad to see that he’s-

3658.png

Wait, is he actually trying to use the oldest trick in the book?

creator

dont look

bird on skateboard

You grab his wrist as you pivot to look at where he’s pointing, just to be safe.

3659.png

And what’s he’s pointing at is…

3660.png

creator

How did these guys get in there without anyone noticing!? Anyone, such as Beth?

3661.png

Oh.

creator

lol, nice
and uh oh god run after these guys i guess

bird on skateboard

You almost want to just throw Phil into battle with these guys, but perhaps you can make him throw himself into battle instead.

3662.png

3663.png

3664.png

How are you guys going to do this?

creator

chase them away with your nudity

dum thirsty hors

You don’t have anything that’s specifically for fighting vampires, so you’re not quite sure what to do. If you could get some sunlight in here, that would certainly help, but there’s no windows in this room. Actually, the sun- it’s basically just a giant ball of plasma, right? What if you were to make your own?

3665.png

It’s not as big as the sun, but it’s much, much closer, so hopefully this will do the trick.

3666.png

It seems to have stopped the big guy in his tracks, although the little guy is still getting away.

creator

can we dual plasma things
maybe sic plasma pal on the other guy to slow him down
or yell at beth to do something lol

bird on skateboard

You’ve got a couple ideas for tricks you could pull in this situation, but unfortunately with this amount of plasma, you can’t do any of them, so you simply bring it closer.

3667.png

You can’t simply disperse this much plasma quickly and as you shrink the plasma ball the vampire would surely realize what was going on and hit you, and if you were to throw it, not only would the blast hurt you as much as it hurts the vampire, but it would cause damage to the cafeteria and you’d probably get sent to a prison tower for it. Granted, you’d probably be returned fairly quickly, once they realized-

3668.png

wait a minute- Where are the security golems? They re-tuned them a few years ago because they were way too sensitive, but surely a fight breaking out in the cafeteria should get their attention.

3669.png

But that’s of no matter to you right now, because you are 力武 美三方- that is, you are Miyako Mikata. You participated in the raid the other day, but your payment- which you should have automatically received on your phone by now- has not arrived, despite your friend who participated getting hers already. The person at the front desk directed you to the payment systems office, back where all the computer nerds work. But that’s weird- you just heard a loud thump from one of the rooms.

Edited by meepches at 2018-12-11 04:16:232018-12-11 04:16
creator

oo
peek into room
try to be sneaky

bird on skateboard

You notice a noise!

3670.png

Ever since you got your super suit your body language has gotten much more extreme. It helps to show people how you feel, since they can’t see your face when you’re wearing it. Of course, you tend to look kind of silly when you’re not wearing it, but that’s a small price to pay. But that’s of no matter now- something is definitely going on in there. You move closer to listen.

3671.png

It sounds like… something being dragged across a carpet. Then the sound of some light metal doors closing.

creator

investigate

bird on skateboard

You crack open the door ever so slightly a take a peek through.

3672.png

Hmm…

3673.png

Looks relatively normal for one of these computer nerd offices, and- oops! It looks like he saw you, he gets up and scrambles towards the door.

3674.png

Sure, OK, you’ll leave, but first- You ask him what the noise was.

3675.png

So the noise was him dragging a computer across the carpet and putting it in the cabinet? That doesn’t seem right. You feel like you saw something when you were peeking in that makes that impossible.

creator

spiderweb!
also lmao at this guys shirt

bird on skateboard

But that can’t be right, there were cobwebs on that computer!

3676.png

Did he just not see them or-

3677.png

Ok, something’s definitely wrong here!

creator

time for HENSHIN

bird on skateboard

You must be sure that there’s something wrong here, because if you punch down a door to one of these offices for no reason, you’ll be in big trouble.

That being said, you attempt to punch through the door.

3678.png

3679.png

creator

You’ve got a serious hunch something’s wrong here, so you don’t listen to the man when he tells you to stop.

3680.png

Maybe now he’ll tell you what’s really going on…

3681.png

Elizabeth?

3682.png

Is that someone you should kn-

3683.png

Oof!

creator

ganbare

bird on skateboard

With your heroic reflexes, you manage to get your knees up just before you are slammed into the wall.

3684.png

As you hit the wall, you manage to knee your assailant in the midsection, forcing them to get off you.

3685.png

Now you’re ready to fight for real.

3686.png

And it looks like they are, too.

creator

You quickly go over your fighting styles in order to decide to how to combat this vampire lady.

3687.png

Your two fighting styles, Karate and Puroresu, seem like they would both be equally effective against her, as far as you can tell so far. There are some that look down on puroresu, but one of those techniques allowed you to score your first point on your older brother when the two of you sparred as kids…

3688.png

How did you do that again? You must have-

Whoops! You can’t go into a side story inside another side story!

Maybe you should just decide how to attack the vampire.

creator

puroresu -> suplex

bird on skateboard

You decide to use an all-time classic Puroresu technique to attack.

Some people need ropes to jump off of to do this one…

3689.png

But not you!

3690.png

3691.png

Ka-POW!

3692.png

Looks like you made her mad. Good.

Whats your next move? Keep up the attack or prepare to defend and counter? Try to fool her into thinking you’re only trained in Puroresu skills or use a mixed style?

creator

counter in a uh, puroresu way
trick her with some karate later

bird on skateboard

It looks like she’s committing to charging you. With her size advantage, it probably seems like a safe move.

3693.png

Unfortunately for her, you’re already ready to counter her.

3694.png

Bet she wasn’t expecting that!

3695.png

Now that you’ve got her on the ground, you can really put the hurt on. You can go with a straight punch or an elbow drop, or if you think she’s not going to be getting up very quickly, you can go in for a submission hold.

creator

elbow drop!

bird on skateboard

You’re not sure she’ll be down long enough or out of it enough to go in for a submission, so you go for the classic elbow drop.

3696.png

Here you go! Push off, hop, bounce, hop…

3697.png

bring up the leg, get the angle of the elbow right, and…

3698.png

creator

Looks like she’s still got some fight in her yet.

3699.png

If you could hit her with another one of your signature moves now, that’d put her down for sure. Now, what’s that move again?

Your opponent on one knee, you, a few paces away…

creator

Remember move minigame

This is it! The perfect opportunity-

3700.png

Step up on the knee and…

3701.png

Shining Wizard!

3702.png

Ka-POW!

creator

It feels like you’ve been holding this stupid plasma ball for months…

3703.png

You’ve got this guy locked down, but when are the security robots going to get here? This guy needs to be locked up, not locked down.

3704.png

Something must be malfunctioning somewhere, you’ve never seen a fight in the guild building go on this long without the security golems showing-

3705.png

3706.png

Well, they finally showed up.

Sure, you were fighting, but it wasn’t your fault. Hopefully this will be sorted soon, you’ve got a date tonight with Mitch.

creator

You decide to look out the window.

3707.png

You’re not sure why you thought that bar would be loose, but it wasn’t.

Well, you can still peek through the bars.

3708.png

It’s just a very tall room with some prisoner in it.

You hope that you get out of here soon, but maybe you should do something to pass the time, just in case it takes a bit?

creator

You decide to ask what your cellmates are getting up to tonight to pass the time.

3709.png

Before Phil can answer, Joachim walks across the room to you, gets real close and says,

3710.png

Oh yeah. You could explain what Phil’s deal is, but maybe that should be up to him?

creator

ask phil to explain

bird on skateboard
Reply:
To reply to this thread, please join this community.
There is currently 1 person reading this thread.
Thread List | ↑ Top