Home | Zones | Log in | Register

Let's Go On (the last 1/5th of) An AdVeNtUrE!!!!

choose your own adventure pinned tetris

Nobody | Reply | Create New Thread
First PageFirst | Page 2 of /5 | Next PageNext | Last PageLast

You decide to take a look around the room, to see if there’s anything that gives you an idea of how to open that other door.

3479.png

Hmm… Well, it’s not immediately obvious, if it is here somewhere.

You know there’s got to be a way out, though, because how else would those bugs have gotten in here?

creator

You’ve got a few ideas, so you go ahead and try them out.

Firstly, it might just be the same pattern.

3480.png

The door doesn’t budge. Apparently, it’s not the same pattern.

Next, you think there might be something that can give you an idea how to proceed on the back of the door you entered, so you give it a spin.

3481.png

Nope, just the same pattern on each side. Apparently when you entered the pattern on the front, the back got the same entry as well.

You didn’t get a look at the device that controls the portal, maybe the numbers it displays are a hint? Nicola figured it out, so you ask her.

3482.png

Hmm….

creator

You’ve been in three of the areas designated on the walls in the other room already, so the clue to that door must be in one of the last two!

AncientKlausHeadTransp.png

“Hey Nicola, you figured out how the teleporter works, right? Can you have it send me to one of the two rooms on the wall in the other room I haven’t visited? I think they must have hidden the solution to that door in there.”

AncientNicHead.png

“First of all, what makes you so sure there’s an answer to the door on this side of the door? Well, anyways, you don’t need to look though 2, since that’s where Aiden and I came from, and we didn’t see anything significant there.”

AncientKlausHeadTransp.png

“What do you mean by 2?”

Nicola pulls out her phone,

3483.png

“This way I don’t have to bother Kitty for that notebook she’s having so much fun with. Anyways, there’s five walls with symbols out there, and the teleporter control goes from 1 to 5. As far as I can tell, those symbols on the wall must be either the magic to control the teleportation, or maybe just like the ‘names’ of the places. Anyways, 2 is the one Aiden and I came in here from, so I guess I’ll set it to 1 for you.”

3484.png

You put your hand through the teleporter and,

3485.png

Uh oh. It hit a wall and stopped. You give it a push and it doesn’t seem to move. Half your hand is stuck in the portal. What do you do?

creator

ask nicola to step away from the controls while our hand is stuck in the portal

if we grope around can we feel anything outside of the wall

You consider the situation for a bit…

(Red in this picture represents the other side of the portal)

3486.png

You don’t know if whatever it is your hand is touching is movable, or if it goes all the way down to the floor or up to the ceiling.

You can’t get your hand any farther in, so you can’t feel around right now.

The way you see it, you have two options: Either shoulder rush the portal, in hopes of pushing whatever it is your hand is on, or putting your other hand through the portal at a different place and see if you can slip through.

creator

lets give a cursory poke with our other hand but if we don’t find another way through in a couple of seconds it’ll be time to rush

make sure nicola is looking first so she’ll be impressed with our physical prowess

You decide why try one course of action, when you can do both? First, you stick your finger into the portal a little lower and further out to see if perhaps the blockage is just up high.

3487.png

And you hit the same wall.

It’s going to be a little awkward, but your only other option here is to shoulder charge the wall and see if you can move it.

3488.png

It does move!

3489.png

But just a small amount- It must be very heavy. And now you’re stuck partway through the portal, and can’t back up to charge it again.

creator

gonna need a moment to think about this one. maybe do a cuss in the immediate sense

i guess having aiden body slam it too is our only option lol
feel like we’re gonna break something this way

bird on skateboard

idk who these nerds are where’s donovan

is the portal wide enough that aiden could help?

we should endeavor to find a way to suggest that he should try to slam it too without necessarily suggesting we need it

the portal breaks
you fall into donovan’s time observer boudoir
shattering his priceless house sized stain glass window

[s] whats goin on kaytee.png

I hate gamers

This may be too heavy for you, but you know just who can move it.

3490.png

You tell Nicola to keep an eye out, and have Aiden get in position.

3491.png

THREE!

3492.png

Edited by meepches at 2018-01-10 00:24:352018-01-10 00:24
creator

3493.png

3494.png

3495.png

3496.png

Whoa, everything looks really different here!

3497.png

Like, Really really different.

creator

Just kidding, that’s not what actually happened. That was drawn by nice and cool friend that I got the cool commissions from.

What did happen, though, is pretty similar:

Somewhere, far awar…

3498.png

3499.png

aaAAAAAAAAA-whump!

3500.png

Well, this is it. This is how you’re going to die. Starving to death, unable to move, under an incredibly heavy, hard and strangely warm pile of rocks.

creator

gg

bird on skateboard

blurt out our true feelings in our mortality-induced dread

You thought you were being crushed by a rock, but it wasn’t a rock… it was a rock… lobster!

3501.png

Actually, that’s also wrong, it was Aiden.

You decide to take a look around the room.

3502.png

Huh.

creator

After having Aiden peek through to make sure it’s safe (you didn’t tell him that reason, naturally) you look through the curtain.

3503.png

HUH.

creator

oh man

5 bux that one or both of these little windows is a one way teleporter

bird on skateboard

naturally

curious to take a peek inside those jars - some of them look kind of like birds

see if you can push the curtain a bit to one side on your way in so you don’t lose visual contact w/ ur bud

Edited by a small rat at 2018-01-27 18:33:192018-01-27 18:33

My buddy aiden

I hate gamers

i feel like this is something that i should know but why does Klaus have a burny hand

Edited by a small rat at 2018-01-27 18:47:252018-01-27 18:47

plasma accident when he was young or something like that

bird on skateboard

It looks safe enough, so you decide to look around the room.

3504.png

Aiden’s right. This place does look very different. For instance, those cups-

3505.png

This cup looks different from those in the first ruins you explored, and it’s even painted! There’s some gross black crap on the bottom, too.

If you were an archaeologist, this would probably be very illuminating.

creator

From: a small rat at 2018-01-27 18:34:33
i feel like this is something that i should know but why does Klaus have a burny hand

never came up tbh

creator

On a hunch, you decide to check your cell phone.

3506.png

There’s no connection in here, which makes sense, but apparently at some point between when you started exploring the labyrinth and now you did have a connection, because it downloaded a new message.

There is one other thing you want to try, though.

3507.png

Those blocks on either side of this bridge look very familiar, so if you were to slowly lower this cup below the bridge-

3508.png

-while looking into it from above, then something like this-

3509.png

-should happen!

Interesting. They moved the portal into a different room and halfway dug it into the ground. If you were an archaeologist…

creator

clearly we need an archaeologist
we gotta get out of this room then
perhaps the other curtain is the answer

bird on skateboard

but first we should check our message

bird on skateboard

is our phone the kind that can take photos b/c if so we should stick the lens through the portal and get a quick snap

we should be able to tell if it’s a 2 way portal b/c of the cup, if it’s a one way be careful~

bird on skateboard

You decide to try to take the cup with you, both because you think you might need one and because you want to see if the portal is also one-way.

3510.png

As you attempt to pull the cup upwards your hand slips off it, because it’s being held in place by the portal. Must be one way.

Interestingly, when you let go of the cup it starts to fall but decreases in speed as it gets further down.

3511.png

Eventually, it comes to a halt. Very interesting.

You decide to check the message on your phone, as well.

3512.png

That’s a bummer that’s Mitch is going to be here late, you’re really looking forward to seeing him. Although you guess you shouldn’t be exploring these ruins too late, since you don’t get reception here and won’t be able to pick up Mitch’s call.

creator

alright lets get out of here
also, im gonna guess we get reception up on that tower thing
lets check the other curtain

bird on skateboard

You take a peek through the curtain, and you see…

3513.png

creator

look at the thing in the bowl but no touchy
avoid the gaze of the evil red eye in the distance

Edited by Tiko at 2018-02-06 17:53:252018-02-06 17:53
bird on skateboard

You head into the room to look around.

3514.png

Interesting…

3515.png

creator

You decide to inspect the bowl a little closer.

3516.png

You thought the scratches in the paint might be in some sort of pattern, but they appear to just be random. Also… now that you’re looking at it up close like this, the black stuff on the bottom of the bowl looks a lot less like magical corruption, and a lot more like that plate from Bettina’s old roommate you found when you moved in.

Ok, well that’s a little less interesting. You take a peek out the doorway into the hall beyond.

3517.png

creator

You decide to open the second door on the left.

3518.png

Actually, that should be you decide to try to open the second door on the left. You’re not sure how they managed it with just wood and rope, but this door is shut pretty tight! Now, you could use your plasma to just burn the door down, but you don’t think the archaeologists would be too happy with that one. Especially, since you’ve got a friend who’ll probably be able to just force this door open! Now, where is he?

3519.png

creator

what are the rules of this adventure
can i play

high impact

u suggest things to do next and yea!!

I hate gamers

i suggest we investigate that black stuff further down the corridor. is it the same stuff that’s in the bowl?

what’s that orange stuff around on the floor?

what happens if we pick up the rod/arrowhead thing? can we touch it to other things, like rub the arrowhead part on the wall and see what happens?

also there’s a trail of black stuff going into the second door on the right. what’s up with that? kick that door down let’s see

Edited by applebaps at 2018-02-23 21:12:372018-02-23 21:12
high impact

You use your special proximity talking feature, your voice, to locate Aiden.

3520.png

He’s still back in there?

3521.png

You want to tell him that there’s no way that would happen, but you remember how heavy he was when he was lying on top of you…

======================================================================================

From: applebaps at 2018-02-23 20:43:49
what are the rules of this adventure
can i play

From: applebaps at 2018-02-23 21:11:51
i suggest we investigate that black stuff further down the corridor. is it the same stuff that’s in the bowl?

what’s that orange stuff around on the floor?

what happens if we pick up the rod/arrowhead thing? can we touch it to other things, like rub the arrowhead part on the wall and see what happens?

also there’s a trail of black stuff going into the second door on the right. what’s up with that? kick that door down let’s see

yea u just post what u think Klaus should do, like this. except that i already started drawing the update before you posted this so i didnt take any of this into it, sorry. theres also an lgoaa topic on eti so when u see an update like this that doesnt mention posts on this website they came from there.

i do like when people read and post tho so thanks for reading and posting!

creator

i like to read and make the posts

high impact

my previous suggestions still stand btw

high impact

A more stable way across? You need something solid to test it out, but you’re pretty sure this will work…

3522.png

That was pretty obvious.

3523.png

As you head back through the next room, you decide to check on one thing that seemed interesting to you- that strange orange stuff.

3524.png

Interesting, it looks like wax, and it appears to have melted from certain places, but there doesn’t appear to be any wicks in it. You bet the archaeologists will get a real kick out of this. Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that much to you. You head on back to where you were before.

3525.png

=============================================================================
when u make a bunch of suggestions at once i probably wont do them all in the update, since i like to make them a certain size. hope u dont mind

creator

Obviously, since three of these doors look the same, and one looks different, you should try opening the different one. Aiden grabs hold of it, and…

3526.png

That’s an interesting way to keep a door a door closed. Prevents one guy from just sneaking in and taking your stuff, at least.

3527.png

That trail leading into the room, the giant stone keeping it closed, whatever is in here, it’s gotta be impressive! You wonder if it’s-

3528.png

Oh. Well, that explains the trail, at least.

creator

examine the red thing

bird on skateboard

Not that interesting, but perhaps there is something…

AncientKlausHeadTransp.png

”…On the back wall, maybe. Hey, Aiden, could you move those rocks at the back away from the wall for me, so I can go take a look?”

3529.png

Okay, Aiden, you can figure this out. You can move to any adjacent square that’s not X’ed off, but not diagonally. You can move any of the three large rocks- if you move up to one of them and grab a side, you can pull it back along with you as you take a step back, or push it forwards ahead of you as you take a step forwards, but you can’t take a sideways step and pull them laterally. You also can’t push or pull them into the wall or X’ed off spaces, or a space you occupy. Your goal is to clear a space adjacent to each of the white wall sections marked with “???,” so that Klaus can take a look.

Granted, you could just move shovel the small pieces of stone out of the way to clear some X’ed spaces, or move the medium-sized ones, but that would take a lot of time, and you’re sure you can do this faster this way.

creator
Read more
Reply:
To reply to this thread, please join this community.
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
There is currently 1 person reading this thread.
Thread List | ↑ Top